Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekly Theme: Comfort

I've written about this before, I think. About how happy, peaceful and content I feel when staying with my grandparents in Costa Rica. My grandmother's home is full of mementos and photos of our family pretty much stuck in every nook and cranny of the house. It's wonderful to walk around and see our family's history. Costa Rica has a smell. And when I tell you that it's a musty, faintly moldy smell you're not going to get a good impression. I think it's a smell typical to most humid tropical places and I've come to associate wonderful and comforting feelings with it. When we were little, my grandparents would send gifts in the mail on our birthdays, usually underwear for some reason, anyways, the first thing we'd do is smell the packadge and say this smells like Costa Rica and my family would know exactly what we were talking about.


My grandparents at the local market buying food for dinner.

My lovely cousin, Yvonne and my sister, Caroline, posing in front of the house with my grandmother.

2 comments:

Mama Nae said...

That's hard... That's going to require some thinking.... good one!

Big B said...

I know exactly how you feel. My grandmother's house always makes me feel at ease.