Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy 30th my beloved friends...

It's hard to believe that my friendship with Hannah and Leah is going on 14 years. I remember Hannah's laughing face when I first met her a few days in to my Junior year in high school at a new school, in a different state, and not knowing a single person. She soon introduced me to Leah, her twin sister and the rest is history. They are a part of who I am am and I am so thankful that God put them in my life.



We celebrated their 30th birthday this past weekend and enjoyed spending time together with old friends who are a part of each other's history.





Landon, singing "Happy Birthday" to Hannah and Leah.

A few years ago, after the bridal shower Shalyn and I threw for Hannah was over, I asked my mom how she thought it went. She observed that she had never been to a shower where everyone was so much at ease and had so much to say to each other. She then said, "You could tell that the room was filled with friends who knew each other's secrets." I've always remembered that and I am so blessed to have you all know my secrets and to have you trust me with yours. Hannah, Leah - thirty is just the beginning and I am happy beyond anything to know that I will be with you all the way.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Lucy, Thank you so much for the wonderful party! And for the amazing scrapbook. You're the best!

Big B said...

I had such a great time with such great friends. Can't wait until we get together again.

Shay said...

Oh, man! I wish I had been there--looks like an amazing party!!!