Monday, September 22, 2008

Copper Lines

Apparently you can make money out of stealing copper and turning it in to a metal processing plant, much like turning in soda cans although I assume the money is much better. I noticed a few weeks ago that the drain pipes on our building were missing and asked my landlord about it. The copper thieves had struck our building and stolen as many copper drain pipes as they could reach. St. Louis Hills is mostly made up of old pre-war buildings and is rich in these copper pipes. Our landlord quickly replaced the missing drain pipes with new copper ones and I have been watching them slowly turn that pretty green patina.

1 comment:

Mama Nae said...

I love this picture... cool perspective and good colors... I love interesting architectural pictures. Good job!