Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Addition

We have a new addition to our tiny home and his name is Archer. He's my parent's cat and has spent the past 4 years happily becoming as fat as he possibly can in their home. My mom recently developed serious allergic reactions (requiring two hospitalizations) and the doctors told her that she would have to give up Archer as he is a serious contender for causing her anaphylaxis. Of course, he is now at my house indefinitely as we wait to see if the doctors will be able to narrow down what is causing my mom's allergies. This has been a bit of an adjustment as Darcy is a well behaved fellow who knows the house rules. Archer on the other hand, likes to tear food bags apart, shred toilet paper and knock things over. It's only been a week, though, and Archer and Darcy have become fast friends and they spend much of the day chasing eachother around. I know this is good for both of them and they can be pretty funny at times. God grant me patience, however, as I try to find Archer proof spaces to keep the cat food.

6 comments:

Julia said...

He looks like a cartoon cat! I love his face.

Anonymous said...

Cute cat!

Shay said...

Oh, man. He makes Boz look like a genius. A GENIUS.

lucylucia said...

No kidding!! The crossed eyes are hilarious. He's fitting in pretty well here - except when they try to "fight" for space on my bed during the night. Not fun!

TBM said...

What a handsome fellow! You know, "Bingley" is a good name ;-)

lucylucia said...

JAPRA - I had thought of that actually!!