I've been "tagged" by Just A Plane Ride Away, my new and lovely blogger buddy. I'm new to the whole "meme" phenomenon so I will do my best!
Here are 7 random things about me:
1. I have serious texture issues. By that, I mean that I will not eat certain foods with a particular crunchy texture (think celery or onions); I can't wear certain types of clothes without wearing undershirts so they won't touch my skin (think wool) and I am extremely picky about my bedding or blankets or pillows, specifically because of how they feel when I touch them.
2. I developed a reputation in my family due to said texture issues for being difficult about food and clothes. It wasn't until I worked as a casemanager for developmentally disabled children that I realized I probably have some type of mild sensory integration disorder - as many of the children on my caseload exhibited the same texture difficulties along with their other developmental disabilities.
3. I enjoy spending time by myself. I probably need about 2 or more hours a day (1 hour during lunch and at least two 30 minute blocks when I get home and before bed) and I usually spend that time reading. This explains how I manage to read roughly one book per week.
4. I love hanging out with close friends and family - but throw me in to a group social setting with people I don't know well and I will develop an immediate headache. I think it's from smiling too much, but it happens every time.
5. I love maps. When I was 13 I wallpapered my bedroom with National Geographic maps, and yet remained startlingly ignorant of world geography. I thought Argentina was a large city until I was probably 15 or so. I still think it sounds like one, right? I've remedied this problem with a large world map in my current office, and enjoy spending time just looking at all the places in the world.
6. I will sometimes eat Honey Nut cheerios for breakfast and dinner for an entire work week - because I am just too tired to think of cooking when I get home. I almost always cook nice meals exclusively on the weekends.
7. I am in love with a new camel colored purse I bought last weekend.
Okay! Those are 7 random things about me. I tried to think of more obscure stuff for those of you who know me well. Now, I get to Tag my other friends. Feel free to do it if you have the time, and I think you have to link back to me and in the comments section to let me know once you have completed it. No obligation though!