Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Color Purple

One of the objectives of the grant that I work for is to give students the opportunity to participate in arts and culture and attend events that they would otherwise never be able to afford. In that spirit we bought tickets for our students to The Color Purple, playing at the fabulous Fox Theater in St. Louis. I was lucky enough to coordinate the trip and spent a really nice Saturday afternoon with some of my favorite students. Oh, it was also one of the best musicals I have ever seen!



We ended the evening by going out to eat at Best Steak House, which is a restaurant across the street from the theater. Eating there is an interesting experience and reminds me somewhat of the soup nazi from Sienfeld. They yell "NEXT!" and man, you better have your order ready to rattle off or you get evil stares from all of the cooking staff. yikes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, Lu, I think you've become a really awesome photographer. That image of the Fox is splendid! :D Great composition and "motion" and stuff, as far as all the lines.

Love you!!!
Lee

lucylucia said...

Love you too and thanks!!