Sunday, September 27, 2009

Makeup Party

Last weekend, I attended my first Bare Minerals makeup consultation and party at one of their shops at a local mall. The store was not open to customers yet, so we had plenty of individualized attention.
Sally is the older sister to two of my closest friends, Hannah and Leah. She won a free makeup party in a contest and invited me and all of her friends to come. Here's a little known fact: Sally was our dorm Student Advisor when I was a freshman in college. Back then it was mostly Sally threatening me and Hannah (and our friends) with "write ups" or something for being too loud and Hannah threatening to tell their mom if she did. Hilarious!


I stopped wearing makeup on a regular basis when I started college; my morning beauty routine consists of washing my face and putting on moisterizer. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy a good 'ol face polishing with a makeup artist, though. In fact, I love people putting my makeup on, as all my friends can attest to on various Saturday nights before we go out. I will plead ignorance and then ask them to put on my eyeshadow etc., and they humor me.

Although I haven't incorporated makeup into my daily routine, I have a fascination with anything skincare related. You should see the amount of skin creams, micro-exfoliators, face masks and pore minimizing toners hanging out in my medicine cabinet. It's ridiculous.

I did end up purchasing this lip gloss, it's called "sugar plum" and at $15 it was probably the most affordable thing in the store. Beauty doesn't come cheap, right? Thanks Sally for a fun Sunday morning!!

7 comments:

Julia said...

Big fan of BM. I wear it everyday just about.

jaxmom said...

Bare Minerals is awesome and I love the fact that you can wear it without looking overly made-up. That's always a plus for girls like us that don't wear makeup on a daily basis!

lucylucia said...

Totally, Lindsey. I appreciated the fact that it didn't feel heavy on my face. I just can't stand feeling that way.

Julia - I can hardly tell you even wear makeup you are just that fabulous.

Sarah M. Anderson said...

YAH for pictures! I'm so glad you came along for the fun!

Mary D. said...

Love the closeup pictures. You could be a photographer for a magazine. Great meeting you at the party!

lucylucia said...

Mary! Thanks for your too flattering comments!! It was great meeting you and I hope youhad fun with the shopping afterwards. I'm sad i missed it. :)

TBM said...

I also am a minimal makeup kind of gal most days (too lazy!!). I do love MB! I used to get a lot of compliments on my skin when I used the MB base.