Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mississippi Bound

I had a great time visiting my best friend, Shalyn, in Mississippi where she teaches Victorian Literature at the university. For the last three or so years, our spring breaks have coincided. We've always planned small mini vacations during that time and went to Mexico last year and New Orleans the year before. Since we are going to Paris this year we planned on just relaxing in Starkville. And that we did - the above photo is of Mugshots one of the nicer bars in town - where we spent some time with friends celebrating St. Patrick's Day. Shalyn, I had a lovely time!

2 comments:

TBM said...

Great photo! And glad to hear you had a lovely time.

And ooooooo. Victorian Lit. Yummy :-)

Shay said...

This photo is amazing! Makes Starkville look positively cosmopolitan. And Victorian lit *is* yummy! Now if I could only convince my students of that...