Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I miss my own cooking

I'm serious. Things have been busy lately, which leaves me no time to cook yummy dinners like these enchiladas verdes I made for my mom (pictured below helping me skin some roasted poblano peppers) and my sister a couple of weeks ago.

Tomatillos are awesome and I love to take the skin off and stick 'em in a food processor...you'll get the best sauce around.

My thanks to Sandra, who inspired this recipe with her amazing chicken tostadas for lunch while I was on my staycation. Few things are better than talking with a friend in the kitchen getting a meal together, is there?

On a side note, so much for staycation this summer. In a couple of days I'm headed up to Door County, Wisconsin with the family. I've heard that the cheese curds are not to be missed and that there are some lovely lighthouses to be found around Lake Michigan. I've never been to this part of the country, so if you have any suggestions about what to see and do I am all ears!

4 comments:

TBM said...

Oh mon dieu. Poblanos and tomatillios! Those are some good looking enchiladas verdes. Mmmm.

I know what you mean about missing your own cooking. I actually like eating at home. At least on this side of the pond, the Tex-Mex is better. Lol!

Have a great time in Wisconsin. Brats, beer and... cheese curd, huh? I think I've actually eaten them. They were squeaky, if I recall correctly.

LauraBlab said...

Looks so yummy..I love green sauce too. It is so nice to see you have such a bigger kitchen to cook! I really like how you have decorated your place!

Julia said...

yummy...That is what we should have for dinner when we Finally figure out a night to get together!

lucylucia said...

JAPRA - You were right about the cheese curds! They totally squeeked!

Laura- Come back up here. I will make them for you!

Julia - I think that's a great idea!!