Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Vacation


This is where I've spent the majority of the past week. Since I have spent much time and money getting my home updated and decorated I decided not to go on any crazy vacations (i.e., leave the country) this summer and planned on staying home and having a "staycation" instead. And you know what? It was great having the time to spend with new church friends on a weekend trip to Chicago, having old friends over to swim and meeting up with good friends at new places in the evenings. Next year though, it's a trip to Florence and the Italian coast or BUST!

6 comments:

Julia said...

Wow, your hanging with the cool kids now! LuvBug misses you...

lucylucia said...

More like hanging with the cool retirees and the moms. I made sure to be there early, around 1 pm that poolhouse turned in to MTV Spring break 2010 - NO THANKS!

As for LuvBug, I miss him too! How does getting together for a movie night sound??

Aili said...

Thanks for sharing your glorious pool with everyone! It was awesome!

LauraBlab said...

Haha, that is so funny -- "around 1 pm that poolhouse turned in to MTV Spring break 2010" I totally get ya. It looks like a wonderful pool though..enjoy it because you deserve it!

TBM said...

I like to have a staycation every once in a while. They are so much more RELAXING than living out of a suitcase!

Glad you've had time to enjoy your new home :-)

lucylucia said...

Laura - I prefer to swim with the Golden Girls bunch. It's much quieter and more relaxing for sure!

JAPRA - It was relaxing and just so nice to be able to sleep in, wander over to the pool, read a lot and have dinner with friends. It was great!