Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Weekly Theme: Imagination

I love books! I have recently begun a small cookbook library and get no end of fun imagining the dinners I can cook up for friends. I can easily spend a couple of hours curled up on my couch reading what Martha has to say about how butter temperature affects pie crust. Seriously. JAPRA - you may notice a certain Tex-Mex cookbook I picked up after poking around Homesick Texan's blog! It was randomly on sale at my grocery store and I had to buy it! It is truly a lovely cookbook and will be taking it with me later next month when I go to visit a friend of mine in Mississippi. So here's to good dinners, both real and imagined!

2 comments:

TBM said...

Isn't Homesick Texan Great?! I am so happy I found her blog. She got me through a lot of food longing.

I have that Fix it and Forget it cookbook to... thought it might be in storage back in Texas. And of course, I have a whole collection of Martha books. Haven't seen that Cooking School one yet.

Have fun cooking with your friend in Mississippi. What will you make?

lucylucia said...

I know we will be making something from the tex mex cookbook and I really want to try my hand at some bread making. It's my Spring Break (gotta love working in higher ed) so I will have a week to try my hand at new recipes!

I love reading Martha's book, but my favorite so far has been Barefoot Contessa. I've made at least 5 recipes from the book so far and they have been amazing!